Even though Sziget Festival is quite some time away, there are already rumors flying around about who the big acts for this year might be. Here’s what we heard so far:
- Arctic Monkeys have a big chance of showing up, as they are in Germany a few days before and Sziget organizers are known to try and get big bands that are in the area at that moment
- Some blogs are saying Natalie Imbruglia, Basement Jaxx and Franz Ferdinand have a chance of playing. Franz Ferdinand are also doing Bestfest in Bucharest, so the chances are there…
- Now, for some wishful thinking, in terms of big acts. U2 are on tour this summer promoting their new album “No Line On The Horizon” and will probably be playing Europe extensively. Why not Sziget’s Main Stage?
- Green Day are also expected to announce summer tour dates one of these days and playing Sziget is quite a possibility.
- Also, if Axl Rose actually decides to start promoting “Chinese Democracy”, we think Sziget is one of the festivals Guns N’ Roses will aim for in Europe.
Who else do you think has a chance of playing?
Also, if you heard anything we haven’t, please use the “Contact” page to tell us!