Sziget Festival will give the chance to one – unknown – Romanian band to make its debut on its stage through its Sziget Talent contest, started a few days ago. To be eligible, the bands need to be:
- younger than five years old (year of establishment should be after 2010)
- an underground-alternative band, no matter if it’s indie rock, hip-hop, electro or jazz (no tribute or cover bands)
- between 2 and 7 band members
- to not have a contract signed with any record labels
The jury to decide which band will emerge from the Romanian underground will be composed of Dan Amariei (Omul cu Sobolani), Bogdan Popoiag (ROA, Unu’), Kovács András (KUMM), DJ Bully (Cooperativa Urbana), Mihai Tita (Sunete) and one Sziget Festival representative.
Between the 25th of March and the 25th of April the bands will undergo a preliminary selection, with their work becoming available through the dedicated Romanian page of the festival (here), followed by a live concert of the three best bands chosen by the jury. The live performance will take place at the Expirat club in Bucharest, on the 7th of May. Here the jury and the public will choose one band to get their 15 minutes (or more) of fame at the 2015 Sziget Festival. What exactly does this mean?
- the chance to perform at the Europe stage between the 10th and 11th of August
- 500 euros to cover their transport costs
- two nights of lodging at a hotel for the band and one tech at most
- one weekly ticket for the band and the tech
- First Class P.A. & Stage Lighting System
- Backline – two guitar cabinets, one bass amp and one basic drum kit
- food and water backstage on the day of the performance
More details about the contest will be announced at the due time.