Untold is quickly becoming Romania’s leading EDM music festival. With a duration of just four days, the festival has an incredible concentration of leading EDM performers. Yesterday – probably to please all who love it – Untold has announced new names added to its lineup. Due to its date – it takes place between the 3rd and 6th of August – some of its performers might overlap with Sziget 2017.
Here are the new names announced on Valentine’s Day:
- Chris Liebing
- Jamie Jones
- Loco Dice
- Sven Väth
This completes the list of names already announced (the headliners of the festival):
- Armin van Buuren
- Axwell /\ Ingrosso
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
- Martin Garrix
- Steve Aoki
Untold Festival had its first edition (chapter) in 2015, and has instantly become a great success. No wonder – its lineup routinely consists of the biggest names in the EDM world. Its 2015 lineup consisted of Tom Odell, ATB, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Avicii, Armin van Buuren and David Guetta. During its four days, the festival has attracted 240,000 attendees and won the “Best Major European Festival” award in the 2016 edition of the European Festival Awards.
The second edition (chapter) of the festival had a similar lineup of headliners – Tiesto, Hardwell, Martin Garrix, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Afrojack and Armin van Buuren – and quite a bit similar to this year’s list. Its undercards were, in turn, more interesting: it gathered names like Faithless, Scooter, Nervo, Parov Stelar, Lost Frequencies, and James Arthur. Again, Untold was nominated for the “Best Major European Festival” award, yet it didn’t make it to the shortlist.
The names recently announced may be undercards but they are famous on their own right.
- Sven Väth, or Papa Sven, as some of his fans refer to him, has more than three decades of career behind him, and is known as a pioneer of electronic music.
- Chris Liebing has been a DJ since the 1990s, and is a frequent guest at high-profile clubs around the world.
- Dubfire used to be half of the Grammy-winning progressive house duo Deep Dish.
- Jamie Jones is a two-time DJ Awards winning Welsh DJ
- Solomun is a Hamburg-based DJ, with three DJ Awards wins under his belt.
- Loco Dice is best known for his recent remixes.
Can any of these fresh Untold names be a great addition to Sziget 2017’s lineup?
Update: Electric Castle (July 12-16) made a great announcement today:
- House of Pain
- Duke Dumont
- Maceo Plex
- Eats Everything
- Atari Teenage Riot
- TOMM¥ €A$H
- Fanfare Ciocarlia
- Petre Inspirescu
- Beardyman & The Masters Of Distraction
- punnany massif
- MJ COLE
- Kornél Kovács
- Reggae Roast
- Kenny Ken
- King Jammy
- Zion Train
You're also helping us if you're booking your Sziget accommodation by using the search box on the right.