Sziget News

Urban Voodoo Machine announced by Quimby

Urban Voodoo Machine has been announced for Sziget 2013 by… Quimby, the Hungarian band that stars on Sziget 2013 Day Zero.

According to the Quimby Facebook page, Urban Voodoo Machine will play Day Zero, and there will be a lot of other bands on Day Zero, too.

How about that?

14 Responses so far.

1. Steven says:

Nice!

2. Vale says:

I am trully delighted with each and every accouncement made. Verve were wrong, the drugs do work

3. Vale says:

I have an “announcement,” my spelling is “truly” terribe

4. Steven says:

Firewater, the Mardi Gras Brass Band, The Urban Voodoo Machine and Ripoff Raskolnikov will all play on day zero with Quimby.

5. HGPM says:

It all means Nothing to me.
    Waiting for the big guns…

6. S says:

Hooligans
    Pál Utcai Fiúk
    Republic
    Tolcsvay László
    United

8. Vale says:

@Aladi: The app is missing a couple on name e.g. Nick cave. There is only 1 slot to fill, Saturday night. See link for more through line-up

@ Eddie: Loved your post in earlier thread

Personally: I am once again delighted with each and every announcement. I would not change even one name for Prince or a Heavy Metal Day!

I’m only there for the vibe anyhow which will be greatly increased by a rememberance service by some of the world best bands for this iconic pop star.

It would seem Sziget have managed to find an additional 500 camping tickets no doubt to accomodate the rush for tickets

9. Jason says:

Now if I was a cynic (but my hearts not in it) I would…

Announce no Metal stage

szigetnewsdotcom forward slash no-metal-stage-at-sziget-2013/

Suggest a day -1 heavy metal day

szigetnewsdotcom forward slash motorhead-at-sziget-2013/

Get everyone to buy a 7 day Sziget pass, 30 euro more expensive than 5 day pass

Get Hungarian bands to play for a nominal fee or for free for the day -1 remembrance concert and $$$$

10. Sziget News says:

@Jason: well, if the organizers did it, it was pretty well done :)))

11. Michael PD says:

I see a little Blur reference there Jason?

12. Jason says:

Note: sziget news won’t let you make links to its previous thread listings hence the dotcom forward slash links but they are there if you chose to look.

Michael: Sziget wont be the great escape we were all hoping for and day -1 is turning into fool’s day; lets pray for tomorrow

God I feel grubby after that sentence

Vale & Eddie: Bob on, on all comments

13. Aladi_Ruals says:

@Vale yep I know, there’s a few bands missing (plus you replied on the wrong thread :P ) Also have you had a bang on the head? your point of view has somewhat changed since the other day :)

I always thought that day 0 and day -1 were set aside for Hungarian bands, you can get in fairly cheaply just for those days and it gives the not so well paid(of which there are a lot) in Hungary the chance to sample the festival. Prince was a one off and last years metal day was only really on one stage, perhaps I’m wrong but is that not the case?

14. theshipscat says:

@ Aladi_Ruals vale promised not to complain any more!

Personally, I am gutted to be missing this memorial event – nothing like a bit of morbid misery to spice up a holiday, I find!

Btw, just written a lengthy reply to Eddie’s post on the other thread, if any cares to read it?

• Meta