VOLT Festival (28-30 June 2018) is another major event organized by Sziget Kulturális Menedzser Iroda Kft. (the company behind Sziget Festival). The event is organized in Sopron (one of the westernmost cities in Hungary) since 1993, initially as an Easter event, later – as its popularity has risen – as a summer festival opposite to Sziget. As its big brother, VOLT is also a multicultural event covering everything from a variety of musical styles to movie screenings, on-stage shows, exhibitions, and many others. And it has already revealed five of its biggest names for VOLT 2018:
- Depeche Mode (Day 0)
- Iron Maiden
- Hollywood Undead
- Rudimental (DJ set)
I think none of the above need any introduction.
Early bird passes and prices for VOLT 2018
VOLT festival has its own “early bird” promotion for attendees. There are passes covering three, four, and all five days of the event, as well as day tickets in normal and VIP flavors. The early-bird sale starts on November 23 and lasts 60 hours. The prices (for the early-bird special and the non-promotional ones) are as below:
- 5-Day Pass €150 (EB) / €193 (full)
- VIP 5-Day Pass €200 (EB) / €233 (full)
- 4-Day Pass €100 (EB) / €133 (full)
- VIP 4-Day Pass €150 (EB) / €177 (full)
- 3-Day Pass €87 (EB) / €120 (full)
- VIP 3-Day Pass €133 (EB) / €160 (full)
- Day tickets (days 1 to 4) €40 (EB) / €50 (full)
- VIP Day 0 ticket €100 (EB) / €127 (full)
- VIP Day tickets (days 1 to 4) €73 (EB) / €83 (full)
(The prices include VAT but not the €2 handling fee)
VIP tickets and passes include access to the VIP grandstand, faster entry, access to the VIP zone. Camping tickets are not included.
Previous bands and performers include Motörhead, Fatboy Slim, Foals, Arctic Monkeys, Sven Väth, Faithless, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and many others.